Saturday, March 12, 2011

Paleo Day 3


Well, they always say that the third day is the hardest for cleanses and diets. I did great during the day, but the sugar fairy must do something to me around 6pm. I have yet to crave starchy carbs...but sugary things...eek!
I had 2 jellybeans and a bite of the leftover spice cake. That's it, nothing more. However, jellybeans are just PURE sugar. Bad.
We've been having yummy breakfasts of eggs or turkey sausage (or both) mixed with veggies and a side of fruit. Lunch has been a lot of salads; yesterdays included a "hamburger" salad. Dinners have been pretty easy, just a lean meat and more veggies. I made some Swiss chard sauteed with onions, garlic, and some smoked paprika (picture shown). The smoked paprika gave them a "barbecue chip" flavor, which was very yummy. I paired that with some of Whole Foods organic pastured chicken quarters baked with some coconut oil to crisp up the skin. So yummy!!!
I'll continue trekking on. It's not so bad right now. I just hope the nighttime sugar craving subside soon. Time for breakfast!!
-Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment