Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Paleo Day 6 and 7


One week down!

I don't know that I've noticed a huge difference in my weight just yet and I also didn't do any "before" measurements. Well, actually I did. I had started with my waist...and that's where it stopped. Not the same waist size I had pre-Zoe. I'm at a lower weight, but everything has shifted, I guess. No biggie. I wear the same size, if not smaller in some things, and feel great.

The biggest things I have noticed this past week: I've been sleeping better, my energy has been up overall, and my skin is glowing. Bye bye gluten and dairy! Shane's energy seems to be up, too. It's also been fun experimenting with new recipes and meals. As I type this, I'm enjoying a yummy fisherman's cioppino from Whole Foods. I've never had it before and it is so delish!

Yesterday started off with an egg white scramble with mushrooms, onions, and spinach. Lunch was uncured apple chicken sausage with a berry spinach salad and half a mango. Shane's included a bit of leftover egg scramble. Last night, we dined on cod with a homemade pineapple mango salsa. This morning was a similar scramble and a banana. Tonight may include some steak and grilled veggies.

Trying new recipes and ideas has been fun and has reminded me how much I do like to cook. Fresh food is so much easier to work with and I feel like I can be more creative with it. Before I loved carbs first thing in the morning and often at night. Surprised? Nope. The more carbs we eat, the more our body craves them. Practical Paleolithic talks about how our bodies will eat protein and veggies until we're full, but will continue to eat carbs until we decide we're done. Sugar overload!!

I still will get the sugar bug at night, normally after dinner, but have found a yummy coconut milk "ice cream". I can have a tiny scoop of it and am satisfied. So yummy! Sadly, I still haven't made it to Crossfit, but seriously plan to this next week...

It's pretty cool to hear from different friends of mine that are following Paleo as well. I know there is always someone that I can talk to about it and get ideas from. I want this to be something that Shane and I stick to. Clean, healthy food works. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment