Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Fat Tuesday...nope, Skinny Tuesday!


Happy Fat Tuesday (Skinny Tuesday for me)/National Pancake Day/March Forth (do something day)/Peace Corp Day/National Grammar Day.  I find it pretty funny that all those days fall on the same day today...  Fat Tuesday, Pancake Day, and Grammar day all together is just asking for trouble.  Plus after you eat unlimited pancakes at Ihop, do you really think you're going to March Forth on anything?? Ha!

I wish I had been able indulge in some celebrations other than March Forth and National Grammar Day.  Everyday for me is Grammar Day.  #grammarpolice  However, not every day is "March Forth" for me...haha!  I DID however get quite a lot done.  Laundry, Mom to Mom group, two workouts, happy children, dinner, bed, boom.

This afternoon was starting to get to me.  I finished up my cardio after I picked Zoe up from preschool and then headed to Super Target.  Cartwheel is my friend.  Most days.  Today I decided I was going to pick out some random delicious junk to shove in my mouth have nibbles of the minute I walk off stage post-comp.  Remember, it's in Houston.  Long-ish drive home.  My cart looked awesome.  It was Fat Tuesday, afterall, so I totally blended in.  Tilapia, broccoli, salad, chicken nuggets for the littles, (now for the good stuff) white chocolate M&Ms, powdered donettes, 50th anniversary Chocolate Vanilla Creme Poptarts *say what?*, Double Stuff Heads or Tails Oreos *drool*, and Little Debbie Easter Basket Cakes *more drool*.

We had a discussion in my Mom to Mom group about whether what I'm doing is worth it and if I would go back to my "old eating" once I was done.  Truth is, I had no plans of going back last time.  I just happened to get pregnant and didn't have the mindset of having a "ridiculously healthy, workout the whole pregnancy" pregnancy.  Maybe I should have.  Oh well.  Instead, I just busted my butt for 18 weeks and ta-da!  My goal is to qualify for a national show.  I'll have a full season to then bust my butt and put on more muscle to compete for my pro card.  I'd like to think that I'll get some cheat meals in there while I "bulk".  Hopefully.  Until then, I'm going to keep my head down and do what I can in the next 10 days to bring my best to the stage.

I'm excited about all the girly stuff that goes along with it.  My hair will stay the same, hopefully the judges will like my look.  Nails are always enjoyable for me.  I'll do my own hands, but will most likely treat myself to a pedicure.  Amy Peters is doing my makeup and Jan Tana is in charge of my super duper dark tan.  All exciting stuff!

Time to drink my protein and take a nice hot bath.  These muscles are tired!  Nite Nite fit fam!

Oh, and if you decide to indulge in some more pancakes on another day...try this "skinny" pancake recipe! (Makes 2 pancakes, not 3 like the picture...but maybe those are really small...)


Skinny pancakes, no flour!

 2 egg whites 
1/2 cup uncooked oatmeal 
1/2 banana 
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract (optional) 

Put all ingredients in a blender. Blend on high for 15-20 seconds. Spray a griddle or skillet with non-stick spray for best results!


No comments:

Post a Comment