Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Highs, Lows, and Lots in Between

Wow, is it really Tuesday evening?  I guess so.  Time flies when you're in a sugar coma.  My stomach hurts.  Sugar, gluten, and cheese have wrecked me.  I'm over it.  All these things look delicious, taste kinda yummy, but then destroy me.  I have a bloated tummy and yesterday felt like a slug.  That's enough reason for me to not want to gorge myself on it anymore.  Ok, maybe just one more peanut butter cookie.

The comp didn't turn out how I would have liked.  There are plenty of things I could have done differently, but I had a lot of fun!  My bestie from Arizona totally surprised me and came down for the show.  We even snuck in some wedding dress shopping while she was here, it was so fun.  My other two besties drove to Houston on Saturday to come support us and ate dinner with me at midnight when the show was finally over!  I didn't place, but I still have plenty of shows to redeem myself.  

Before we drove home on Sunday, I made a stop by a studio where the talented Michael David was shooting.  I was able to jump in for a few frames and walked away with some gorgeous pictures and several new buddies.  It was definitely one for the books.  I told MD that he made my whole weekend worth it.  I had a blast in front of the camera.  Here's one of my fave images (if you haven't already seen it on FB...)


The make-up artists that did me up all weekend were so awesome.  Amy Peters did my whole face for the show.  She's a MAC Pro here in Dallas.  My suit (last minute change) was green, so she used greens and purples.  I LOVED it.  Super dramatic for the stage, but I would rock a toned down version errrrday.  That's how awesome it was.  On Sunday, I talked Julie Snider into doing a quick eye job on me.  As you can see above, it was beautiful, too.  She used Sigma brushes on me, I'm obsessed.  They were all teal handled and had little cup carrying cases.  Check them out here.

All the make-up play just got more even more geared up for this weekend's Nordstrom Trend Show.  It's going to be such a fun girls' day.  A dear friend is letting my girls spend the night at her house and spend the day on Saturday.  I'm already counting down to all the fun that will be had.  I STILL have and use samples that I got from the Fall Trend Show.  Not only is it a perfect time to get some pampering, but I love that I got to try out products that I might not have tried otherwise.  Fall had a lot of pretty big makeup artists and creative directors flown in.  It was really cool to hear first hand inspiration for collections and how they're going to translate from the runway to real-life.  I know this season won't disappoint!  I'm loving the Pantone color of the year, Wild Orchid.

Spring always makes me fall in love with pastels and florals again.  I'm loving boyfriend jeans and booties with lightweight sweaters or flowy tops to transition into spring.  Can you tell I'm already planning my outfit??  



Check back on Sunday or Monday when I do my big review of the Trend Show!  

Romantic Rocker


Mango ribbed sweater
$50 - mango.com


Cap sleeve shirt
$22 - newlook.com


Mango beige top
$33 - johnlewis.com



Nude wedge sandals
$60 - fashionunion.com



Avalon Tote, Blush Perf
stelladot.com



Renegade Bracelet
stelladot.com


Cheryl Drop Earrings
$53 - stelladot.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment