Thursday, August 4, 2011

Creature of Habit

We all have habits. Things we do on a regular basis- hourly, daily, weekly, etc. The past few days I've noticed just how many habits or rituals I have. Most all of it is part of my routine and when that routine is thrown off, it shows. Whether it's that I'm scatter-brained for a minute or my whole days goes to pieces, change of routine really effects me.

When I wake up in the morning, I head to the bathroom. I then throw on some sweat pants and go get Zoe. She gets a clean diaper and we get ready for breakfast. I get hers ready first and she eats and watches me make mine. We do that almost every morning. When we're both done, she shadows me while I throw a load of laundry in, clean the kitchen, mop the floors, or unload the dishwasher...sometimes (rarely) all of the above.

If I workout in the morning, I drink my Jack3d and listen to Kidd Kraddick in the Morning on my way. I typically park in the same spot each morning, put my sun shade up, then gather up all my things. I use the same locker every time. I picked it because I wanted to have one that was #1-5, #1 & #2 were too small, so I took #3. It's a tall locker, so I put my keys and sunnies on the top shelf, hang my bag, and take my heels for posing out. My iPod gets clipped to the same spot on my tank or sports bra and I head out for my workout.

Food has been my biggest habit since it's been the same things everyday. It's easy to get into a routine when your diet is constant. I just rotate between "day 1" and "day 2" meals. The times may change based on what I have going on for the day, but I get them all in.

At night, I get ready for bed the same way. I pull my hair back and slip on a headband. I brush my teeth forever because I love it. Then, I wash my face and slather on some yummy night cream. I put my jams on and get in bed. If Shane's still awake, we watch a tivo'd Chelsea Lately and then fall asleep.

I love my habits/rituals and have been finding myself creating new ones that match my new healthy lifestyle. My days are much more detailed than this, and some days are even dedicated to certain things like grocery shopping, filling the gas tank, etc. Getting organized and staying organized are keys to success. It's the preparation that can make all the difference in whether you become what you want to be or not. It's now time for me to start my night time routine! Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment