Thursday, July 21, 2011

Oh the power of a cute outfit!

Today was one of my fave workout days. I did an upper body circuit that consisted of chest, back, shoulders, biceps, and triceps. I hit everything and I hit it heavy. It was a successful day.

One of the things I always look forward to is picking out my gym outfit. I know it sounds a little silly and a bit like one of "those" girls...but I really do love my workout gear. Granted, 90% of it is lululemon, but even if it wasn't, I would still look forward to picking it out. On arm days, I like to wear shorts. I'm not jumping around doing plyos, so I feel like there's less chance of unflattering jiggle. I typically wear leggings/tights on leg days. Mostly because I like the extra support they provide for my muscles.

Like I said earlier, most all of my gym stuff is lululemon. I mix and match it up, some days going super bright with a coral tank and purple leggings; other days it's all tones of grays and black. Of course, my shoes also coordinate. Ha!

Why such consideration when I pick out my outfit? What difference does it make? I'm there to work hard and I'm just going to sweat...so what's the point? Well, I don't wear make-up and my hair is always in a pony with a headband. So, for me, when I look in the mirror, I want to feel cute. I want to feel confident. Plus, if I'm that excited about picking out my clothes, I'm much more likely to drag my butt to the gym even when I'm not feeling it. Ever hear that you can "trick" yourself into feeling however you want? I believe that is true. If I can put something on, anything, and say, "wow, that's cute" or "I love this color", I'm going to hold my head a little higher.

Today was no exception. I loved my neon yellow/greenish tank and coordinating plaid run shorts. I felt good and I think that translated into my workout. As the day of my show gets closer, I'm looking for every edge I can get...even if that just means a cute sports bra or tank top!

No comments:

Post a Comment